For dough :
2 eggs (one of the egg yolks is for topping)
1 teaspoon salt
1\3 cups olive oil plus 1 tablespoon for topping
2\3 whole milk
1 1\2 teaspoon baking powder
flour (almost 4 cups)
1 packet baby spinach (chopped small pieces)
1 big chopped onion
1 pinch salt and pepper
1 packet blue cheese (*my contribution)
2-3 tablespoon olive oil
Lightly grease a round 27 cm (10 inch) cake pan with olive oil
Preheat oven 350F
- In a large pan, cook the onion with olive oil until it turns yellow. Add the spinach, cook until spinach dies down and add the salt and pepper. You can also use beef and potatoes for filling.
- Next, in a large bowl, add all the ingredients but with only 1 cup flour. Start kneading. It should be very sticky, add flour one cup at a time and continue kneading until dough becomes soft and not sticky. Stop adding flour.
- Dust the work surface with some flour. Make small balls from dough and roll each ball very thin 8 inch diameter. ( or little longer and narrower)
- Pour 2 or 3 tablespoons filling and 1 tablespoon blue cheese one side of dough and make a tight roll. Make a ring and put it in the middle of the pan. And than start wrapping the roll from middle to out.
- Brush the Borek with the egg yolk and olive oil, bake it until brown. Serve when it is almost hot.