Autumn is the ideal time to try new and interesting recipes. Apples and almonds are an indispensable part of the preparation of sweet treats. Autumn apple pie with almonds can be made with very few ingredients. This delicious pie is ideal in combination with a warm cup of homemade tea.
Autumn apple pie with almonds
For the dough:
• 5 egg yolks
• 410 g of sugar
• 2 cups of flour
• 50 ml of rum
• 10 apples
• 100 ml of white table wine
• 220 g of small raisins
• 220 g of almonds
• 150 – 200 g of sugar
• 100 g of candied lemon and orange
- Preparation of the dough: beat egg yolks and 200 g of sugar until white. Add flour, remaining sugar, rum and mix everything well.
- Roll out the dough (not very thin) and cut 2 circles out of it. Place one on the bottom of the sheet, and cut the other into strips and place over the sides.
- Preparation of the filling: peel the apples, remove the core and cut them into slices. Place the chopped fruit in a pot and cover with table wine. After that, add raisins, finely chopped almonds and sugar.
- Put the mixture on the stove and simmer until the apples are soft. Then put finely chopped candied fruit in the filling.
- Transfer the mixture to the dough mold, cover with strips made from the second circle. Blind the edges.
- Brush the pie with egg, sprinkle with sugar and put in the oven for 1.5 hours.