A long-time favorite, this version of shrimp alfredo combines juicy Ecuadorian shrimp with fresh herbs for a lighter take on a classic. Serve with crusty garlic bread for a true dinner delight!
PREP TIME 10 mins
COOK TIME 20 mins
- 1 lb. fettuccine
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 lb. blue circle foods shrimp peeled
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 c. whole milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 c. grated Parmesan
- 1 tbsp. chopped parsley for garnish
- Cook fettuccine according to the instructions on box.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon butter until melted. Add shrimps, season with salt and pepper and cook until pink, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove shrimps from skillet and set aside.
- Into the pan, add remaining 2 tablespoons butter and garlic. Cook for about 1 minute. Whisk in flour and cook until no longer raw, 2 minutes. Stir in heavy cream and milk, then whisk in egg yolk. Bring to a low simmer and whisk in parmesan. When cheese is melted and sauce has thickened slightly, add cooked pasta and shrimp, tossing to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with more parmesan and parsley.