Kids will go crazy for these cute snacks that turn kiwi slices into Frankenstein’s monster and bride. Plus, you’ll feel great serving them a treat that’s healthier than all that Halloween candy.
Active:20 minsTotal:20 minsServings:12
- 4 kiwis, peeled and sliced crosswise into thirds
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- 24 white chocolate chips
- 2 banana slices (1/4 inch thick), quartered
- 12 wooden popsicle sticks
- Step 1Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Step 2Cut a small slit into the side of each kiwi slice. Slide in a popsicle stick. Place on the baking sheet.
- Step 3Spoon melted chocolate into a small plastic bag. Snip off a tiny tip of one corner. Decoratively pipe hair on the upper third of each slice. Press two white chocolate chips (flat-side up) into the kiwi to create eyes. For the bride of Frankenstein’s hair, press a banana slice into the chocolate. Pipe Frankenstein’s stitched mouth, the bride’s lips and dots on top of the chips for the pupils. Refrigerate until set.
Serving Size: 1 pop Per Serving: 48 calories; protein 0.7g; carbohydrates 6.9g; dietary fiber 1g; sugars 4.9g; fat 2.2g; saturated fat 1.2g; cholesterol 0.3mg; vitamin a iu 20.7IU; vitamin c 21.4mg; folate 5.8mcg; calcium 10.2mg; iron 0.4mg; magnesium 4.3mg; potassium 78.1mg; sodium 1.8mg; added sugar 1g. Exchanges: Free food