From cardigans and changing leaves to PSLs and apple-picking – we are excited autumn is finally here. Ali from @wellness.with.ali’s Chocolate Apple Sweet Bread delivers the warm fall flavors you know and love with every single bite. This soft and fluffy bread is plant-based and loaded with nutrient-dense superfoods, which means it’s kinder to the environment, animals, and you. Plus, it’s topped with cacao nibs for that perfect crispy crunch. A slice of Ali’s Chocolate Apple Sweet Bread makes a cozy companion to your morning cup of coffee or a decadent choice for your nightly dessert.
- 3 1/2 – 4 cups wheat flour
- 1 package instant yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 /2 cups almond milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup vegan butter softened
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 heaping tbsp Sunfood Cacao Powder
- 1 vegan chocolate bar
- 1 large chopped apple
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
For the bread
- In a large bowl, whisk together 3 1/2 cups flour, yeast, and salt.
- Next add the almond milk and maple syrup. Fold until mostly combined. Sprinkle a little more flour if needed to not be sticky and form a ball.
- Once the ball is formed, grease the same bowl mixed in and place the dough ball back into the bowl.
- Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and let sit for 60-90 minutes in a warm place until it doubles in size.
For the filling
- In a small bowl combine the sugar and cacao powder together.
- Once the bread has risen, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Then lightly flour a surface and roll dough out until it forms a 12×15 rectangle.
- Brush the butter across the entire surface. Evenly sprinkle the cacao powder and sugar mixture across the dough.
- Break the chocolate bar into small chunks and evenly sprinkle across.
- Spread apple chunks evenly across.
- Starting on one side, roll the dough into a log.
- Carefully place the log using a back and forth movement lengthwise a well-greased loaf pan.
- Place in the oven for 60-70 minutes or until done.
For Simple Glaze
- While baking, add sugar and water to a small pot and bring to a boil.
- Stir and let boil until all sugar is dissolved and let cool.
- When the bread is done, brush the simple sugar glaze onto the top, sprinkle on some cacao nibs, and enjoy!