One of the most important factors affecting children’s school success is a balanced diet. A properly prepared lunchbox is one of the most important keys for children to achieve healthy growth and development.
Healthy tips for kids
The easiest way to prepare a healthy lunchbox is to include at least one type of food from all food groups. Dairy group, meat group, cereal group and vegetable-fruit group should definitely be included in a child’s lunchbox. You should take care to provide variety to ensure that the lunch box goes full and empty.
What should be in a sample lunchbox:
– Easy-to-eat fresh fruits such as bananas, apples, pears, grapes
– Dried fruits that will give energy such as dried apricots, dried figs, raisins
– Oil seeds such as hazelnuts, walnuts, almonds
– Homemade, low sugar, dried fruit cake or cookies
– Veggie or Cheese Pie
– Pastry prepared with oil, whole wheat flour and low-fat cheese
– Mini pizza with cheese and vegetables
– A sandwich with plenty of greens, prepared with a meat group from wholemeal bread
– Instead of carbonated and sugar-laden drinks, milk, ayran, kefir or additive-free fruit juice.