These raspberry mousse cups are the mini version of our very popular charlotte cake except there’s no baking required! The sweet/tart mousse is bursting with fresh raspberry flavor!
You won’t want to put your spoon down! I love that there are NO artificial colors or flavors in this raspberry mousse recipe. That beautiful pink is from real raspberries! It is an easy and impressive dessert.
Watch How to Make Raspberry Mousse Cups:
If you don’t have the little serving cups, you can absolutely layer this raspberry mousse dessert in a trifle dish or a 9×9 square glass pyrex dish and it would still be beautiful and of course, just as delicious!Avocado Tuna Salad Recipe
The ingredients in this raspberry mousse are so simple! P.S. Most grocery stores carry lady fingers, but if you can’t find them, they are pretty inexpensive on Amazon and the same goes for unflavored gelatin (affiliate). The frosting tip I’m using is a Wilton 1M and for the bag is an Atecco 12″ flex pastry bag.
Raspberry Mousse Cups
Prep Time: 1 hour 55 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours
The sweet/tart mousse is bursting with fresh raspberry flavor (there are NO artificial colors or flavors). It is an easy and impressive dessert.
Author: Natasha of NatashasKitchen.com
Skill Level: Easy
Cost to Make: $13-$15
Keyword: Raspberry MousseCups
Servings:6 cups (8oz each)
For the Raspberry Mousse:
- 10 oz 2 1/2 cups frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice from one med/large lemon
- 1 Tbsp Knox unflavored gelatin (from 1 1/4 packets
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 Tbsp confectioners powdered sugar
Filling and Garnish:
- 1/2 of a 7 oz pkg lady fingers
- 12 oz package fresh raspberries reserving 6 berries for garnish
- 6 to 12 small mint leaves optional garnish
For the Simple Syrup, stir together:
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- In a medium sauce pan, combine 10 oz frozen raspberries and 1/2 cup sugar. Cook stirring occasionally until jam consistency. Remove from heat and strain through sieve, pushing on the back with a spatula to get all of the juice possible. Off the heat, stir in 2 Tbsp lemon juice and 1 Tbsp gelatin. Pour back into saucepan and place over medium heat, whisk until gelatin dissolved and mixture is hot (not boiling). Remove from heat and cool to room temp (transfer to a different bowl to cool faster) and don’t let it sit too long once it’s at room temp or it will thicken and become difficult to blend.
- Cut lady fingers into 3 pieces. Make syrup and dip each lady finger piece in syrup 2 seconds then layer 2 full lady fingers in the bottom of each cup (6 pieces total).
- Once raspberry syrup is at room temp, beat 3 cups heavy cream with 6 Tbsp powderd sugar on high speed 2 minutes or until whipped and fluffy (do not overbeat or it will turn buttery). Reserve 1 1/2 cups of whipped cream and transfer it to a pastry bag fitted with a large star attachement. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Into the remaining big batch of whipped cream, Gently fold in the room temp syrup 1/4 at a time, folding to incorporate between each addition. Transfer to piping bag fitted with round 3/8″ tip and pipe over lady fingers to a 1/2″ thickness. Repeat with all 6 cups. Set aside 6 of your prettiest raspberries for the topping. Place remaining raspberries over your mousse, arranging them in a circle around the edges and then placing a few in the center. Pipe another half inch of mousse over the raspberries. Finally, pipe reserved whipped cream and garnish with raspberry and mint if desired. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until set. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see pics of your creations on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! Hashtag them #natashaskitchen
These are such a treat – make these for your sweetheart on Valentines Day or you can serve them at any pink party really! Birthdays, baby showers, you name it! This raspberry mousse is always a hit at parties!
Welcome to my kitchen! I am Natasha, the blogger behind Natasha’s Kitchen (since 2009). My husband and I run this blog together and share only our best, family approved and tested recipes with YOU. Thanks for stopping by! We are so happy you’re here.