2 cups uncooked couscous
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large onion, cubed
1 large green pepper, cubed
1 large zucchini, cubed
14 ounces chickpeas
4 tablespoons tomato paste
1 tablespoon chili paste or harissa
1/2 tablespoon paprika
1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon salt and pepper Method
1) Saute onion and olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
2) Add tomato paste, chickpeas, and 1 cup of water, and allow to boil for 15 minutes.
3) Cut vegetables, place them into pot, add 4 1/4 cup of water, and bring to a boil. Allow
to cook for 30-45 minutes, or until veggies are cooked.
4) To prepare couscous, place it into a collander or sifter, replacing about 1 cup water
with tomato sauce. (NOTE: I used couscous that only needed to sit in hot water for 5
minutes to cook. When doing so, I used 1 cup water and 1 cup of the sauce).
5) Place couscous in a large bowl, pour some of the sauce over it, and arrange vegetables
1 box couscous*
1 can tomato sauce
3 large carrots
1 large onion
Cut vegetables in chunks (not diced) and cook in chicken broth.
Add chicken and tomato sauce and let it simmer. Follow directions
on box of couscous. Once couscous is fluffy, serve on plates and cover
it with the chicken and vegetables.