Spaghetti with tomato and arugula
I have to admit that I usually like to cook dierent recipes, sometimes far-fetched, and my children don’t stop asking me to post simple recipes on the blog so you can make them. Well, this is one of those very easy recipes that turn out to be the most tasty. It’s what we ate yesterday.
100 g of spaghetti per person
A handful of pine nuts
1 clove garlic
Extra virgin olive oil
- We start by preparing a basic tomato sauce. To do this, we make a sauce in extra virgin olive oil, nely chopped onion is fried. When it begins to take on a transparent tone, the pulp of four tomatoes, peeled and diced, is added. Add a pinch of salt and a pinch of sugar. Sauté until the tomato sauce is ready.
- Meanwhile an arugula pesto is made. In a deep bowl, put a good handful of clean and dry arugula leaves, a peeled garlic clove, a splash of extra virgin olive oil, a handful of pine nuts and a pinch of salt. It is crushed with the help of the mixer until you obtain a creamy paste.
- Boil the spaghetti in plenty of water with a pinch of salt following the manufacturer’s instructions. Depending on the type of pasta, it takes ten minutes for the pasta to be al dente. Drain.
- Over medium heat. Put 3 or 4 tablespoons of the tomato sauce in a wok or deep frying pan. The spaghetti are added and stirred into the sauce to enrich its avor. They are ready now
- Arrange them on the plate in a rolled form, add more tomato sauce on top, a tablespoon of arugula pesto sauce and a good handful of fresh arugula leaves on top.
- They are so easy and they are so good!