Zebra Cake Recipe
Zebra cake, which made a quick entry into the recipe books with its new and renewed name last year, was also talked about with its style. In fact, it is a two-color cake recipe that does not compromise on cocoa, is full of taste and is fond of taste.
Do not be astonished by the shape taken by the two-color cake mortar poured into the cake mold with patience and meticulous care . We know that there are people among you who draw different shapes with the help of a knife or toothpick tip.
Ingredients for Zebra Cake Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 grated orange peel
- 1 grated lemon peel
- 2 cups flour
- 1 packet of baking powder
- 3 teaspoons of cocoa
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
Key Point of Zebra Cake Recipe
Be sure to lubricate the ovenware with olive oil (oil) instead of butter (solid fat) so that the cocoa and plain cake mixes you add little by little can easily spread. Carefully transfer the cake mix to the tray, following the recipe.
Cooking Suggestion of Zebra Cake Recipe
You can create different patterns on the two-color cake with the help of a wooden toothpick tip.
How to Make Zebra Cake Recipe?
- Put the eggs in the mixing bowl. Add granulated sugar and mix with a mixer at high speed until the sugar grains are completely dissolved.
- Add the milk and olive oil and continue mixing with the mixer.
- In order for the cake mixture to thicken and smell beautiful when cooked; Add the grated orange and lemon zest, sifted flour and baking powder.
- Divide the cake dough you mix into two equal parts until you get a thick boza.
- Mix half of the cake dough you have separated with cocoa and prepare a cake dough with cocoa.
- Grease a smooth cake tin or baking tray with no gaps in the middle so that the lines inside the cake are exactly visible after slicing.
- Slowly drop a scoop of plain cake mix into the middle of the oiled cake mold. Pour two tablespoons of cake mixture with cocoa into the middle of the plain cake mixture that is slowly spreading.
- Repeat the same process carefully until two different cake mixes are finished. The zebra cake is ready to enter the oven when the cake dough, which opens in wide circles thanks to the oiled baking tray, reaches a certain height and the mortar is finished.
- Bake the cake you have prepared in a preheated 170 degree oven for about 40 minutes.
- After resting the hot cake from the oven at room temperature, remove it from the mold by turning it upside down. After slicing into triangular or square pieces, share with your loved ones.
Service Suggestion of Zebra Cake Recipe
You can serve it with a brewed tea or coffee.